Having a Passion in life is great. Having a Passion is terrific. Having a Passion means that you go for something particular. You think about this Passion all the time, you love those thoughts. You would love to do that activity your whole time actually. Many people try to earn a living by the attempt to transfer their passion into their actual job- with little to no success. They fail. They had spent all their money. They are broke. They stop pursuing their dream job. And you? You have read about those stories, and you are afraid to fail either. Failing to take all your courage and to go for your Passion. But what if I show you a 5-step pathway today on how to achieve this supreme state? I will reveal, what we were taught by Sean Sheppard, from the GrowthX Academie at the Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center here in San Francisco.
Background: San Francisco. The city of innovation. The city of great companies, such as LinkedIn or Fitbit. The stronghold of technological excellence within the startup scene. The Nasdaq Entrepreneurial Center is frequently giving great opportunities for listening to excellent speakers. So with the talk by Sean Sheppard from the GrowthX Academy, who held a discussion on how to hack your career. Within this talk, he explained the most essential points to take into consideration when pursuing that particular goal.
Make your Passion your Reality within these 5 Steps:
- Get Clear about your goal. Define your vision:
– Put all of your concerns and fears aside in this step and just think about what activities made you being happy as a child. Reflect on the 5 most satisfying activities and list them up.
– Now imagine 5 events, you were most passionate about as a teenager. Compare both of your lists and combine them into the TOP 5 overall list.
– Pick one of those 5 activities and consider doing that particular activity in the upcoming week. After this week, get back to the list of activities you love the most. Week #2 is the week in which you perform your next activity from your list. Keep on doing that process for the next 5 weeks until you run through all of your listed activities.
- Clearly define the ideal job or profile that interests you the most. Also, consider responsibilities and skills needed for that job.
- Define your ideal company profile. What is the Value Proposition, customer segment, stage, and size of the business, growth and mentorship opportunities, salary, culture, benefits, and so on? Research for those aspects and find the company which fits into your preferences.
- Start the job search process identifying job openings of your ideal role on the list of typical companies. Look inside your network if someone does what your ideal position is, or if someone works in one of your ideal companies. Meet with people working in that role or business.
- Pitch yourself, telling your past experience, and value that you create. Research a problem that the company is having and present a solution to show the value that you create for the enterprise.
Since I am actively pursuing my dreams with, among other, the usage of my personal list, things have become much easier and more exciting. In my opinion that is based on one, your focus has been sharpened when making your own list and second, you know you are on the right way finding out what you really love doing in life and what you really want in your life business wise.
Finally, I want to give credit to Sean Sheppard for the terrific information he provided in his talk. In my mind, those given aspects are highly valuable and furthermore easy to implement in your everyday life. Start making your personal list today!